9.16.2009

She Thought She Was A Cat

My Grandpa Ed loved chickens. I have scrap books he made as a child filled with cut-out pictures of chickens (and peaches; chickens and peaches and a really elaborate cake thrown in here and there, but mostly chickens). This photo is from the late 1980’s (nice glasses, right?) and is of Grandpa, me and Chicken Alfredo, just another in a long line of chickens that thought they were a cat. Plus a detail of a new painting, "She Thought She Was A Cat", for my upcoming solo show:

Don’t Worry I Have a Map
New Works by Amy Rice
October 9 - November 29, 2009
Opening Reception Friday, October 9th, 6-9PM
Soo Visual Arts Center
2640 Lyndale Ave. S Minneapolis, MN 55408
http://www.soovac.org/

1 comment:

Carol Voogd said...

Oh, Amy, how great to see the photo of you and your grandopa! I had forgotten how handsome he was. He always made me feel part of the family when I visited.