4.04.2012

Lunenburg Cultural Centre




The first time I ever showed my art in a gallery, it was an exhibition curated by Yuri Arajs (Minnesota’s most influential curator according to this. That was over 10 years ago and not only may I now call Yuri a great friend; he continues to put together art shows and art events in unique ways and places. I have been so lucky to have had the opportunity to be included in all sorts of Yuri produced art events throughout the years and I believe the best is yet to come. Yuri is now the director of the new Lunenburg Cultural Centre in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia and I am excited to announce that I will be the first featured artist there late this summer. I spent the past week visiting Yuri and checking out the space to plan the art (and accompanying presentation) for this event.
That bird painting in the upper right---that is from the first gallery exhibition. Yuri bought it. The price tag is still on the back---$90!
You can see more pic’s of my trip here if you want:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amy_and_ella/sets/72157629739859671/

No comments: